Friday, June 21, 2013

Road Trip to New Jersey

Currently listening to the most recent podcast from The Fat Squirrel Speaks and wishing I had decided to join the Orange KAL -- some amazing prizes out there to be won.  But, I have two active KALs one of which will be finished in time...and the other, well, that was a pipe dream.

So, as I mentioned in this post, for Father's Day weekend I went home to New York to visit my dear old daddy and there was some definite stash enhancement.  We went down to New Jersey for the day, and of course I had to check Ravelry for yarn stores. What better way to say "I love you dad!" then "let's go to a yarn store!"

My first stop was Do Ewe Knit? in Westfield, NJ and despite the cicada horded that has settled in that area of NJ, it was such a fun shop! The owner, owner's husband (I think?) and her adorable Shih Tsu Ruby were so amazingly nice.  Karen (the owner) stocks quite a bit of smaller hand-dyers and I was resistless.  I scooped up a skein of Anzula  (the cricket base) in a stunning red colorway called "Madam" and a knitter's kit -- sock monkey stitch markers, a row counter and scissor set that clips onto a project bag.

My next stop was in Red Bank...and the name of the shop was just so much fun, I couldn't resist. I mean, could you have resisted some place called The Wooly Monmouth? (Red Bank is right in Monmouth county NJ). I had just intended to browse here, but the selection was so amazing and I found a yarn I have never used or heard of before.  Skein is an Australian company and I got their Top Draw Sock base in Static.  This yarn is AMAZING. I love the color and I love how soft it is.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time and your new stash is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an amazing trip. I love stash enhancement.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Amy