Remember the baby hat I was knitting a week or so ago? Well, I finished it :) Overall, I am pleased with how it came out.
|Overall I'm happy with it :)|
I did run into a few um, complications, but they were easily fixed. For example, I was planning on starting my decreases at 4.5", but, apparently I had an issue reading a tape measurer and started them more at like 5" which made for a big baby hat! But, I just folded the bottom and it worked out. And then I couldn't figure out how I wanted to top the hat...I thought about the Marley topper from Susan B. Anderson, but wasn't loving how it was looking, and I only had the pink yarn....so went with a big ol' pompom. And then the colors....I love the vibrancy of it, BUT, I was hoping the striping would be skinnier and that there wouldn't be such a large chunk of yellow (not my favorite color).
I also finished the first mitt from Wednesday, so as an added bonus:
|I love this!|
I am off to Stitches tomorrow, so expect a super special Squee Sunday :)
Round and Round Baby Hat Project Details:
Pattern: I made it up :)
Yarn: Simplicity by Skacel in Margaritaville
Needles: US 6Gifty: Baby Girl Wilson