Friday, December 9, 2011

{FO} Peppermint Ivy

My swap partner received her package in the mail, so I can finally show you the completed project! I participated in the Mini/Ornament Swap in the Danger Crafts group on Ravelry. I had watched a few swaps over the past few months and really wanted to try one - so when this one came up I thought it would be perfect! I would get to knit my first monster AND it would be a Christmas present.
 Meet Peppermint Ivy :)  I used the Holly, Ivy, and Steve: The Christmas Hooligans pattern by Rebecca Danger.  Obviously, I didn't make all three of them, but I picked Ivy because I thought she would be the most fun. I improvised a little bit - instead of the hat being a solid color, I used some of the sparkly glimmer yarn to make a band.  And instead of tassels I used the sparkly mini pom-poms. I also did not have a mini pom pom maker, so I used cheater poms from Michaels.

With the swap you have a questionaire, so I based my package on the fact that my spoilee said they liked peppermint - not mint, peppermint.  So, I made Ivy up in minty colors, and the rest of the package played with that theme. The swap has a $10 limit for goodies, so I gave my spoilee a pair of peppermint socks, peppermint scented hand sanitizer, Peppermint Bark, and (not pictured) Christmas stitch markers.  

I can't wait to receive my package from my partner! I won't lie....I'm stoked.  I keep stalking the mail man.  

Peppermint Ivy Project Details:
Pattern: Holly, Ivy and Steve: Three Christmas Hooligans by Rebecca Danger
Yarn: Knit Picks Palette and Knit Picks Stroll Glimmer
Needles: US 1


10 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the little monsters, I'm really going to have to make one myself soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that the cutest toy I've seen in a while.. Christmas hooligans?! the name itself makes me want to knit them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the most adorable thing EVER! I'm with everyone else, I need to make one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that!?! I love the way incorporated the peppermint touches. If I had more time I'd knit a bunch of them too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your monster! I did this swap last year and had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The peppermint ivy is so cute! I love the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw! So cute!! I love the socks as well. Ravelry has the best swaps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your monster is so cute! I'm sure your swap person love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute monster!! great job :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Amy