Monday, June 20, 2011

Almost There

I'm in the home stretch!

I have completed, successfully, both of the short sides. And I just started the first long side today.  The difference between the two lengths is 78 stitches. Let me tell you...you feel each and every one of those additional stitches.  I am also pleased as punch that I was able to add the additional color all by myself today. I had no one to guide me through it, and I pulled it off.  I think I am more pleased with that little tidbit than I am with the fact that I didn't lose count when casting on 205 stitches.  

Now that I am almost done with my blanket I'm starting to have possession issues. I don't want to give it up.  I want to cuddle it, and love it, and maybe wrap it in cotton and put it on my mantle for safe keeping.  No matter that I don't even have a mantle.  Additionally, I have learned that the recipient for whom the blanket is planned has been doing some stupid unhealthy stuff while pregnant and I'm beginning to wonder if she even deserves the fruit of my own labor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Amy