Thursday, June 30, 2011

Doh!

When the pattern calls for K1, S1, K2Tog, PSSO....may I recommend that you do NOT K1, K2Tog, PSSO?

Because that is what I did last night.  And as soon as I PSSO'd I knew I made a mistake.  Oh. And in case you were wondering this is row 5 of the edge.  The same row that I messed up on last week.  However, this time I caught the mistake (thank you stitch markers!) and was able to get it fixed this morning, and I am now 5 rows away from completion. And 1 of those rows is purling and three are knitting only.  SO. I think it's safe to say, I will be done with this edge tonight and then all I will have to do is learn how to sew them to the blanket.

I love this pink color!
Anyone doing anything fun for the 4th of July holiday? I will be going to Cape Cod, and I plan on bringing some knitting with me.  I started a dish cloth last night using Lily Sugar 'n Creme cotton yarn is hot pink.  It's my first time knitting with cotton, and it's a little tough on my hands...I'm not knitting tight,  but the lack of elasticity in it is interesting.   I'm knitting the Chinese Wave pattern, and it's pretty mindless - just knitting and slipping.  So, perfect beach knitting!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, you are trying a dishcloth! That is my favorite pattern too! I love the hot pink! The cotton yarn is not as "flexible" as wool or an acrylic blend but you do get used to it! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After my lace edges, Im a pro at slipping stitches LOL. I think knitting with the cotton yarn is akin to knitting with shoe laces

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Amy