Wednesday, June 29, 2011

K3Tog: 2, Amy: 0

I started the last edge, for the second time, yesterday.  Betsy had cast on for me on Saturday, because I wasn't able to rip it back to the first row (she tried, and there was some funky stuff going on there). I sat in awe watching how quickly she cast on.  However, she had cast on much tighter then I have been doing so yesterday I had some difficulty with the first K3Tog row...plus it was hot and my palms kept sweating.  

Betsy had done something different too for me.  She counted out all the stitches in the repeats and placed a stitch marker.  I wish I had taken a picture, but alas I did not.  It was kind of nice seeing how many more repeats I had left to go...however, it seems more time consuming.  And I couldn't slip the markers, because the amount of stitches in the next row change per repeat - or at least they do if I did my math correctly.  The wrong side row is pretty easy to keep track of, I think.  Just purls and yarn overs. So, I don't think I'm going to do what she did and place markers. But maybe for the right side...

It's funny because I didn't have any problem with keeping track on the last three edges. But I don't know if I messed up on this one because I lost track or just over thought it.  

Ah, well...fingers crossed that I don't mess up this edge. Again.

2 comments:

  1. You can do it! I have faith in you! Let's get this blanket done so you can make a monster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diane! I know right?? I think I'm making a summer shawl before a monster, but we'll see :) I really like the Monsters!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Amy