Thursday, September 22, 2011

And Everyone Was Kung Fu Knitting...

Can I just say that knitting with size US 19 needles is like knitting with pointy nunchucks? These things are huge! 


First off - Thank you everyone for your kind words. It means a lot to me. I'm super stressed lately, and trying not to let it ruin my disposition but it's hard.  Thankfully, I'm OK on the unemployment money front for another 13 weeks. I'm using that time to set a personal goal of finding a job. We'll see what happens. Nate OK'd me looking in other states, so I think I might try Georgia...I have some friends from HS down in the Atlanta area, and they love it...so we'll see. I've also been looking for a lot of jobs in Boston - I don't think I'd mind a commute and I can knit on the commuter rail :)

I finally cast on my cowl, and I'm only 3 rows in but I feel like I'm almost done already! Thank you knitting nunchucks and super bulky yarn!

6 comments:

  1. Knitting with nunchucks? Woo! Now I want to find my big needles and knit something, just for the sheer awesomeness of doing it!

    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the job front!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I've only knit with size 15s and I STILL felt like I was knitting with nunchucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nunchucks *laughs* Those needles do look huge! Good luck with the job search :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love big chunky needles! I can't wait to see how your cowl comes out!

    Stay positive about finding a job! All things happen for a reason! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made an six hour throw using size 50 needles and doubled Lion Brand Homespun. It was tricky getting gauge at first and then it became addictive. Fun to get to the end of a big project so quickly!
    http://www.ravelry.com/projects/19vesperstreet/lap-robe

    ReplyDelete
  6. o_O Size....50 needles??? Was it like knitting with a log?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Amy