In Memory of the Greatest Monkee of them All : Davy Jones (1945 ~ 2012)
What? A new post? *brushes dust off of blog* I am so sorry for neglecting you. My knitting is still limited, so nothing really new to show. Not because of pain, per se, but because I'm back at work...and am pooped by the time I come back home. I also cannot juggle too many thing on the commute at the moment - so no train knitting. BUT, despite all that I have something new to show! A finished something new.
Meet Starburst the Candy Monkey! So named because the yarn reminded me of starburst candy....I kept sniffing it as I knit him.
I knit this cutie the week before I went back to work...and with a mostly still owwy arm. But, I'm very proud of him. The actual knitting wasn't too painful but putting him together kind of was a little tricky. When all was said in done, there were 2 ears, 1 mouth, 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 feet, 1 tail and the body. Surprisingly it didn't take too long to knit.
I used the BEST yarn for this monkey. I caved (mainly because I really wanted to buy some) and purchased a Jerry kit from Dancing Dog Dyeworks - which has some of the most amazing, vibrant yarns ever. Seriously. It was worth it. So worth it. I have enough to make either another big Jerry the Musical Monkey or 2 mini ones. Eventually I will make one for myself.
As I hinted in my last post, this monkey was part of a swap in the Danger Crafts group on Ravelry. And I think my swap partner was super happy with her present. My Swap partner has an awesome Etsy shop selling handmade soaps and stitch markers - the soap is amazing. She included a owl soap for me in my present, and it's amazing. Check her out :)
|All her goodies|
I have another swap coming up in April for the Random Acts of Monsters group on Ravelry. This is an amazing group that has been set up for knitting toys for people in need of a pick me up. It's super cute and sweet and it's amazing to see how wonderful and giving this community can be. As for the swap - I still don't know what to knit for it but I need to get my butt in gear - my swap partner is basically another me, so it should be easy....
I also need to finish Jackie's Christmas present....maybe I will work on that this weekend. And the multnomah shawl.
And on top of all that.....our lease is up at the end of this month! and we still have yet to find a new place to live! *deep breaths* I'm hoping everything will work out.
Anyways...I've bored you all enough. Here is the project details:
Pattern: Jerry the Musical Monkey by Rebecca Danger
Yarn: Dancing Dog Dyeworks Waltz Worsted Jerry Kit in Be My Valentine and Tangy Orange
Accessories: Safety eyes, polyfil, and scrap yarn