Wednesday, July 10, 2013

{WIP} It Fits!


It has been too hot and too muggy to do much of anything lately.  Very little knitting, spinning, or stitching has happened in the last week.  But, I finally knit the few easy peasy stockinette rows after separating the sleeves from the body and with trepidation I finally tried it on. And it fits! Hallelujah, hallelujah! Now if I can survive the oncoming onslaught of short rows I will hopefully have a wearable garment :D I feel like half the battle is won. 

One thing that it has not been too hot for is reading! This week, for Ginny's Yarn Along, I am currently reading Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor.  This book is amazing.  Simply amazing.  It is YA, as I am a self confessed YA junkie, but please do not let that scare you away...this book is gripping in its storytelling and features a strong female protagonist.  It is a fresh twist on the age old battle between angels and demons with such very unique twists.  It also takes place in a part of the world that doesn't really appear much in YA, or any American, fiction.  From the streets of Prague to Paris, adventure happens on every page.  I am almost done with it and cannot wait to start the sequel.

 

4 comments:

  1. Your sweater is looking great ~ we can knit through the heat ... right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the fit's going to be perfect! That must make you feel more motivated about knitting. Maybe a nice air-conditioned pub for a knit night?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about it being so hot and muggy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Amy