A week from today, me and my knitting friend Jackie will be hitting up Hartford for Stitches East. I cannot even begin to tell you how very excited I am - literally have been counting down the days since August 1st when we made the plans. I have been a good girl, and placing some monies away in my Super Monkey piggy bank for the sole purpose of budgeting myself while there...and I'm pretty sure Nate will be unhappy if I can't make my half of rent for November, but have a lot of yarn instead.
We didn't sign up for any of the classes, but rather I am looking forward to the marketplace and shwag. My knitting bag has a ton of little pins I've picked up from various places. I have a Rhody Yarn Crawl pin, and a Keep Calm Carry Yarn pin from Slipped Stitch Studios. I'm hoping to add to this collection :)
Some of the booths I'm especially excited for:
- The Concession Stand
- I am a person driven by my stomach...so it's best that I check this out early and load up on fries to fuel me.
- Halos of Hope
- I'm HOPING to make up a hat to donate....but realistically, I'm not sure if I will be able to :( So, I'm hoping to be able to drop off something and if not, make a donation
- String Theory Yarn
- I fell in love with their yarn on my camping trip up to Bar Harbor, and I'm sad I didn't pick up any
- Knit Princess
- A Knitting Comic Book!!!!!!!!
- Della Q
- I am beginning to need a pretty needle case for my fixed circular needles
- Decadent Fibers
- From my friend Kari's hometown and their hand dyed yarns are pretty